Here you go: my personal, informative take on highly speculative patch notes!
Official Paladin Patch Notes:
* Auras will now persist through death.
* Blessing of Kings is now trainable at level 20. Removed from talent trees.
* New Talent Divinity:Tier 1 protection talent, increases healing done by and to you by 1/2/3/4/5%. [Not Yet Implemented]
Oh goodie. Now I’ll quit being a nub and running around without an aura after a wipe. And look, the 5 points I spent on Kings will now be spent on Divinity. Mmm, throughput. The ‘loss’ of crit won’t phase me because I didn’t have it-and for everyone else it’s a case of six one way, half dozen the other. More crit or more thoroughput? FoL-favoring healer that I am, Divinity is a tasty treat.
Undocumented Changes (Datamined by MMO-Champion)
* All Paladin auras have had their tooltip changed to note that they work on the entire raid, not just the party.
* Exorcism can now be used on all targets, but is now a guaranteed critical strike vs Undead and Demon type mobs.
* Judgement of Light now procs off spells as well. (Previously only “attacks” would trigger this)
These changes are terribly important for fights like Thaddius, where I’m frantically holy-DPSing to make up for the DPS scrubs who either can’t tell left from right, or can’t jump.
* Purifying Power (Tier 6) now reduces the cooldown of your Exorcism and Holy Wrath spells by 17/33%. (Previously increased the critical strike chance of those spells by 10/20%)
* Pure of Heart (Tier 5) now reduces Curse, Poison, and Disease effects by 15/30%. (Previously was 25/50% but did not include poisons)
* Blessed Hands has been moved from Tier 5 to Tier 4 and now reduces the mana cost of Hand of Freedom, Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Salvation by 15/30% and cooldowns by 10/20%.
* Improved Concentration Aura’s (Tier 4) reduced silence/interrupt effect now works while any aura is active.
Purifying Power – possesses one of those graphics that my brain has imprinted with the meaning “talent not worth taking”.
Pure of Heart – possesses one of those graphics that my brain has imprinted with the meaning “wow these points are really more useful elsewhere”
Pure of Heart – possesses one of those graphics that my brain has imprinted with the meaning “I haven’t remembered to use my Hand spells since BoPing the mages on Nef”
Imp Conc Aura-what? So…the effect works regardless of the aura? So…there is no point to using the aura now if you have improved? …eh I took my points out of this anyway.
* Blessing of Kings is now a baseline ability. Trainable at level 20.
Good, now everyone can shut up about it.
* Improved Devotion Aura (Tier 4) now increases the amount healed on any target affected by any of your Auras by 2%. (Previously only worked with Devotion Aura active)
For those of us who run around with tankadins, this is good stuff.
No one cares about those nubsauces.
* Glyph of Exorcism — Increases damage done by Exorcism by 20%. (Old: Your Exorcism also interrupts spellcasting for 2 sec.)
One of those leveling up glyphs, maybe.
* Glyph of Divinity — Your Lay on Hands grants twice as much mana as normal and also grants you as much mana as it grants your target. (Old: Your Lay on Hands also grants you as much mana as it grants your target.)
So it replaces the LoH Glyph. Meaning I have to change my glyph…
* Glyph of Lay on Hands — Reduces the cooldown of your Lay on Hands spell by 5 min.(Old: Your Lay on Hands also grants you as much mana as it grants your target.)
…because I just don’t USE it often enough to make this worth it.
* Glyph of Beacon of Light *new* — Increases the duration of Beacon of Light by 30 sec.
Oh look I’ll have to refresh it slightly less often and use slightly less mana.
* Glyph of Holy Shock *new* — Reduces the cooldown of Holy Shock by 1 sec.
Nifty, for those of you who use it as a more important part of your rotation than I do. I tend to treat it like an oh shit button, so I hold it in “reserve” rather than using it a lot.
Other important changes:
Mounts will not dismount in water
Wait, what? Seriously? Did you GET that?
Mounts will not dismount in water!!!!!
That’s fucking ground breaking, people! This is right up there with OPENING CLAMS ON MOUNTS.
Edit: Now with less typos.