- Divine Spirit is now a baseline spell.
In line with my comment for kings: yay.
- Penance (Tier 11) Damage increased slightly across all ranks.
…penance does damage? …oh yeah. Also now self-targetable, which just makes me wonder how I can pew pew laser myself. Boomerang laser?
- Grace (Tier 9) now lasts 15 sec. (Previously lasted 8 sec)
Really, is there anything else to say to this other than “yay”? Although the version of the notes that Matt posted adds, “but now is limited to one target” which is kind of lame. Oh well, if I didn’t like tank healing, my priest would be holy.
- Rapture (Tier 8 ) revamped. Now a 3 point talent. When your Power Word: Shield is completely absorbed or dispelled you are instantly energized with 1.5% of your total mana, and you have a 33% chance to energize your shielded target with 2% total mana, 8 rage, 16 energy or 32 runic power. This effect cannot occur once every 12 seconds.
Uh…numbers. Ow. What? Am I angry about this? Sad? Happy? I don’t know, you tell me.
- Focused Will (Tier 7) now increases spell critical strike chance by 1/2/3% in addition to its previous effect.
While the crit sounds nice, this is not a talent I currently invest points in, and I’m not sure it would be worth it just for the crit. I suppose it’ll depend on the eventual shape of the disc tree. We should have some free points, so who knows. My priest is also a skinner, so I have some crit bonus from that, too. No, I’m not a min/maxer-I’m just lazy and skinning is really easy to level. And well, tailoring stuff sometimes uses leather.
- Reflective Shield has been moved from Tier 7 to Tier 5. It is now a 2 point talent and causes 22/45% of the damage you absorb with Power Word: Shield to reflect back at the attacker.
…according to Dueg’s version. According to Matt’s, it’s been removed. I’m just going to cry in a corner out of confusion. Either way, it doesn’t affect end-game, just leveling.
- Enlightenment (Tier 6) is now a 3 point talent and now increases your total Spirit by 2/4/6% and increases your spell haste by 2/4/6%. (Previously a 5 point talent)
Lowed Expectations had some like, mathy stuff here about how much we gain and how much we lose. I’m just going to say YAY! and move on. We gain a little bit here, lose a little bit there, but we have 2 more points to spend. Sweet! (I know you don’t love me for theorycrafting).
- Meditation (Tier 3) now increases mana regeneration by 17/33/50%. (Previously 10/20/30%)
Mmmm, mana? Seems like a good buff, but they’re beating everything else down so hard I’m not sure how happy I should be.
- Improved Power Word: Fortitude (Tier 2) now also increases your personal stamina by 2/4%.
Priests: Now Slightly Less Squishy (but don’t worry, shades will still eat you).
- Unbreakable Will (Tier 1) now reduces the duration of Stun, Fear, and Silence effects done to you by an additional 6/12/18/24/30%. (Previously 3/6/9/12/15%)
I care about your PvPenis stuff ’cause why?
- *New Talent* Improved Flash Heal, Tier 7, 3 point talent – Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal by 5/10/15%, and increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal by 4/7/10% on friendly targets at or below 50% health.
The mana cost reduction is nice, though personally, if someone is below 50% I am using a different heal. But…if they happen to fall below that point while Flash is already casting? Not bad. I’ve just seen to many cases of “Flash Of Lighting a Tank To Death” to feel confident using Flash Heal on a tank with health that low. Though maybe if I bubble them…hrm. We’ll see, we’ll see.
- *New Talent* Soul Warding, Tier 5, 1 point talent – Reduces the cooldown of your Power Word: Shield ability by 4 sec, and reduces the mana cost of your Power Word: Shield by 30%.
Fuck yeah! MORE BUBBLES. But where’s my Giant Bubble of Doom?!
- Prayer of Healing is now a targeted spell that heals the target’s party.
- Holy Nova mana cost reduced from 27% base mana to 22% base mana.
Because I totally needed another reason to spam this spell at inappropriate moments.
Holy Stuff I Might Care About
- *New Talent* Empowered Renew, Tier 9, 3 point talent – Your Renew spell gains an additional 5/10/15% of your bonus healing effects, and your Renew will instantly heal the target for 5/10/15% of the total periodic effect.
Put there where I can get it as disc, damn it! I know renew isn’t very disc-priesty, but the holy pally in me likes to have options,
Now for glyphs!
- Glyph of Psychic Scream — Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 2 sec. and increases its cooldown by 8 sec. (Old: Increases the duration of your Psychic Scream by 1 sec.)
More of a PvP thing-or, as I used it, for leveling on a PvP server.
- Glyph of Fear Ward — Reduces cooldown and duration of Fear Ward by 60 sec. (Old: 30 sec.)
Still not sure what I think of the duration reduction.
- Glyph of Fade — Reduces the cooldown of your Fade spell by 15 sec. (Old: Increases the duration and cooldown of your Fade spell by 50%.)
So I can try frantically not to die, more often.
- Glyph of Inner Fire — Increases the armor from your Inner Fire spell by 50%. (Old: Increases the charges on your Inner Fire spell by 20.)
Again, more of a leveling/pvp thing. I try very hard not to get hit, otherwise.
- Glyph of Mind Control — Increases the duration of your Mind Control spell by 30 sec. (Old: 12 sec.)
See above, though it would have its use for Naxx25, yes?
- Glyph of Smite — Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting Smite by 100%. (Old: 50%)
- Glyph of Dispersion — Your Dispersion ability now also clears movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them for its duration.
Wanna be warlock priest stuff.
- Glyph of Guardian Spirit *new* — If you Guardian Spirit lasts its entire duration without being triggered, your Guardian Spirit cooldown is reset to 60 sec.
…better than 3 minutes?
- Glyph of Penance *new* — Reduces the cooldown of Penance by 2 sec.
- Glyph of Mind Sear *new* — Increases the radius of effect on Mind Sear by 5 yards.
- Glyph of Hymn of Hope *new* — Your Hymn of hope provides 3 times the normal amount of mana per time, but its duration is 50% shorter.
Is it in the game, or not, Blizz?
- Glyph of Pain Suppression *new* — Allows Pain Suppression to be cast while stunned.
Might have some PvE uses. Might.