Posts Tagged Amber is a dork
Old Jokes Never Die
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on October 19, 2011
So once upon a time, according to guild legend, I crashed the Chicago data center and with it, my WoW server(s), during a raid.
This was OVER A YEAR AGO.
And yet, the joke will not die.
Fact: I Do Still Play WoW!
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on August 16, 2011
I am, in fact, still around–however between having a Warmachine army to paint and my wedding being now less than a month away, you can probably expect me to be quiet for awhile longer.
Weddings suck, man. If I’d known so few of my friends would make it out here I think I would have eloped after all. What’s the difference between having your future mother-in-law bitch about you eloping behind your back vs having her talk shit about your wedding plans behind your back?
Why yes the process so far as been delightful, how can you tell?
I had a Twitter follower spot (and then come say hi to!) me at Wizard World Comic Con on Saturday, which was apparently a rather bemusing experience for the Cranky Tank.
“Who was that?”
“Uh, someone from the internet.”
“…someone from the internet?”
“Someone from the internet, yes.”
Josh thinks Twitter is pretty moronic, so I left it at that. I have to say that Comic Con isn’t really my cup of tea–I’m more of a Ren Faire girl, I suppose. My Green Linen Shirt also confused Peter S. Beagle. Anyone have a good way to explain that shirt? I sure as hell don’t.
I now have a signed copy of The Last Unicorn, though. That’s pretty awesome.
In other, actually WoW related news, my shaman is level 69 and braving Northrend. I ran a dungeon with Alas on Lyrandre as well, bringing the bubble priest to close to 82. She may yet make a return thanks to our sudden dearth of priests. What? Where’d you all go guys?
Last but not least, Stands in Bad in recruiting! At this rate we can work with just about anything, but heals are definitely a priority. We’d prefer a priest (again, where the fuck did they go?) but we’re not exactly being picky. Just be geared to do t12 and don’t suck. The name is a joke, not a goal!
Rades and Bubbles Discuss!: Alysrazor
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on July 20, 2011
we need to kill Alysrazor
that bird drops THREE upgrades for us
me: fffff that boss
Rades: we haven’t tried it yet
me: we did, hahaha
me: Imagine a draenei DK running in circles looking for adds
then going AAAH WORM
AAAH THE BIRD IS ON ME BECUASE THE OTHER PERSON DIED GET IT OFF GET IT OFF
OMG OMG OMG FIRE TORNADOS????????
OMG THEY ARE EVERYWHERE
OMG WE ALL DIED and that is the fight as I know it
you should write that up right now
as your Alysrazor Strat 1.0
me: and continue my lack of genuine content on ILB? hahaha
you had cursing
Patch Excitement: OMG I CAN HAZ BREZ?
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on April 26, 2011
THIS MEANS I GET TO MAKE SILLY BREZ MACROS RIGHT?
- Hey, you weren’t meant to come back ALIVE!
- Return from the grave to serve your new master! (@Bulidar)
- Stop dying you coward! (@snack_road)
- Your rotting flesh was just getting in the way! (@_Rades)
- …this isn’t a ghoul. Come back here, I have to kill you and try again!
- I now name you Pebblethief! (and various versions thereof)
- Hey! If I don’t get to nap, neither do you.
- (SiB specific) Wait, you’re not Kotakh!
- Here, now you don’t have to try to find your way back into the instance.
- You’re an Army of Dead of one. (@stealingzen)
- Now ask your self this, am I rezzing you because I like you? Or because I hate you and want to see you die again?
- Try to suck less this time, okay?
- Again, with less death!
- Look, I’m new at this, so don’t sue me if your organs are in the wrong place.
- Psst! I also offer repair services! (Engineer DK specific. :P )
- Well, you’re alive. There may be a slight side effect where you might want to eat living flesh, but it’ll pass. I hope. (@PixelExecution)
- Trust me, that sword sticking through your lung is normal. No, I didn’t put it there, and I resent any implications that I did! (@PixelExecution)
- Curses! A corpse I don’t get to control! (@PixelExecution)
- Now, your wounds didn’t completely heal so you might bleed out again, but you’re alive! (@PixelExecution, yes he was having fun with these)
- I think I fixed the internal bleeding this time…
- Experiment number 76 is go!
- Version 2.0.3 of ‘player’ released. Now with less durability! (@YayitsJake)
- Okay, fine…nipple shocking didn’t work. I’ll do it the OTHER way. (again with the DK engineerness.)
- Damn it, get back into the fight! Worry about getting all your fingers reattached LATER! (@PixelExecution)
- Rise, my soldiers! Rise and fight once more! (o hai Noth)
- Oh no you lost aggro on the floor!
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on February 22, 2011
It amuses me every so often to leave a comment on someone’s post and see not only the name “Ambrosine” but also a picture of my paladin. Of course in the days of this blog’s birth I was a holy paladin, and that was my character, but that hasn’t been the case for years.
And yet I hesitate to change it. Sure, that’s not who I am in game at the moment–but it’s the name I wore in game for 4 years. She was my first character, after all.
Since I’m generally referred to as Bubbles or Amber, I’m almost content to let it lie. Sure, it may confuse people at first when I comment (lol like I comment much), but my blog is always linked, and it’s about the only life my paladin has left. For various reasons she’ll likely remain 80 forever.
There’s also the simple fact that I don’t know how to change it. Derp derp.
Posted by Amber Teasdale in Stuff and Things on January 24, 2011
Today a horrible fact was revealed to me on the Twitter: Blizzard is bringing back the old PvP titles, this time with rated BG requirements. What the hell are you thinking, Blizzard? I still show my old PvP titles on my alts. Since they are only silly titles like “Private” and “Corporal” they serve only one point–well, two, if you count showing how BAD at PvP I was:
To show the silly BC and Wrath babies that I played in Vanilla so clearly, I am better than them.
Why are you taking this away from me, Blizzard? I just don’t understand! Was my penis so large that you simply had to nerf it? I mean, I don’t have a penis IRL, so the size of my in-game dick is critical to my sense of well being.
I demand you remove the Howling Blast nerf right this instance so I can go back to feeling important during trivial moments, like the trash at the end of Stonecore.