Posts Tagged I need more tags about tags
- It is hard to write about WoW while playing Rift.
- But if I stop playing Rift right now, JOSH WILL GET AHEAD OF ME OMG.
- “Hunter” with explosives? LOL.
- I have a lot of gold! Wait, gold is like silver in this game? FUCK.
- god damned wedding eating into my gaming time
- Visiting florists on WARMACHINE DAY is terrible.
- SO MANY GAMES NOT ENOUGH TIME.
I’ve not quit WoW, by the way. Just playing Rift with the boything because…he apparently wants to play Rift. Since I’d been idyly curious I decided to pick it up too. Goodness knows how long this will last.
Excuse my while I run around chucking explosives at things.
Too often, my Apil Fool jokes end up coming true in one way or another–the year I /gquit BoO and joined Viva La Muffin, the year I switched my Twitter over to ILikeRawrRedPet…
I think I shall abstain from a joke this year out of fear. I mean, I’d hate to really go horde or something later.
dear god do I love tags, heres a tag, I don't know what the hell to tag this really so here have a random tag, I need more tags about tags, I think I've gone crazy with the tags, let's make up new tags, oh look a filler post, tag, the only tag made up for todays post was this one the rest were already tags, theres a tag, this post needs more tags, why is it called a tag?
I haven’t even had the chance to log in the past two days, so the ideas rattling around my head for posting are…slim.
So instead, have a picture of Vainglory in a festive hat.
…and with it, NaNoWriMo, and a month long silence on this blog.
At least, from me. Unless I fail, of course, then it’s a whole ‘nother ballgame…but anyway!
Guest posts! I want them! Topic is largely irrelevent as I’ve covered everything from priests to pallys to hunters to DKS to raids to RP here by now. Flowcharts are a bonus.
My e-mail is over there in the side bar…send away!
Cel gets a tag!, dear god do I love tags, Fuzzbutt has a tag, heres a tag, I need more tags about tags, I think I've gone crazy with the tags, Jill was bitching about not having a tag, Kyr is a tag whore, let's make up new tags, Oasic has a tag, tag, theres a tag, this post needs more tags, why is it called a tag?
me: I am still not sure what to do with ILB post-Cata. I mean technically, I’m not priesting right NOW…
hunters aren’t very bubbly
achloryn: who the hell cares? it’s your blog. Call it whatever the hell you want, even if it doesn’t fit into the title of the blog
me: BUT THEN IT DOESN’T MATCH CHRIS
achloryn: SO THE SHIT WHAT?
me: SO IT BUGS ME OMG
achloryn: SO OMG YOU’RE BUGGED
My friends are so fucking helpful. :P
ILikeBubbles actually started while I was in the midst of a character transition. That was from holy paladin to disc priest, however–two classes instrinsicly linked to bubbles. At the moment, however, my main is a hunter, and with Cata stretching before me, I have no idea what I’m going to be playing.
Many people in SiB seems to be in the same boat. “Well, what are you doing in Cata?”
“I don’t know. What are you doing?”
“It depends on what everyone else is doing.”
“What does the guild need?”
“I don’t know.”
One or two people have stauncly declared ourselves while the rset of us stand around akwardly.
“We should recruit while people are cutting loose of dying guilds, and then when people are flooding back.”
“Yeah. But what do we need?”
For one reason or another, you’re now looking at doing hard modes. The hard part, of course, is in picking which to try!
I haven’t tried them all yet to say, but to steal from Rhidach’s Twitter, his ranking is as follows:
Gunship > Marrow > Rotface > BQL > Dreamwalker > Festergut > Saurfang > Princes > LDW
You wanna know something though? The second HM we did in SiB, after Lootship…was LDW. Chew on that for a moment. The real answer when it comes to picking hard modes, although this is not the answer you want to hear, is: it depends.
I’ve done my best to compile a list with notes on what makes each heroic mode hard, so that you can adjust at will: if you don’t have your ace healers or a strange, raid healing light raid comp, you know to skip BQL, etc. Now I havent’ done all of these myself and don’t have notes for all of them yet either, so feel free to comment and toss your own experiences out there so I can update this.
Gunship: is full of lulz and should be doable by just about anyone.
Marrowgar: Can demand some tricky positioning work on behalf of the tanks. Healers and DPS need to be more alert for boned targets during bone storm, but I don’t remember it being an especial strain. It’s definitely more about getting everyone to stand in the right spot.
BQL: Is healing intensive, but aside from that, not overly difficult in my opinion. Good for new tanks because you just slot them in as OT and tell them to go play Tetris.
Rotface: We’ve only tried one night, and we struggled in part due to a newish tank (and my love for hugging slimes?). I’d say it’s a lot of situational awareness and the slime tank keeping the booger where it needs to be.
LDW: Awaremess, awareness, awareness. New tanks should avoid tanking the adds. Your CCing DPS needs to be on the ball for MC’d targets.
Putricide: DPS, DPS, DPS. I’d say positioning, too, just going from the normal fight.
Saurfang: Tank heals need to be solid (I hear holy pally is the favorite for this), and your ranged needs to be good at handling the adds.
Fester: high DPS and “a pulse” according to one lovely Twitter comment. XD
Princes: no concrete answers on this one yet, but if awareness isn’t up there I don’t know what would be.
We’ve only just started to poke hard modes, so writing “guides” is a bit beyond me right now, but you might enjoy/make use of some of my random thoughts and comments on them:
Heroic Blood Queen Bella
Divine Hymn + Boltbolt Whirl = LOL (especially if bound to Inner Focus, which mine always is)
“What the hell do you mean I’m OOM? FUCK.”
A gift of a bubble with every cleanse works wonders!
“Okay, so I just bring the little slime over to the b–OW.”
Note to self: Do NOT run around the melee casting holy nova on heroic. Cleave STINGS to the point where it MIGHT actually result in your death now.
“Oh hey, this is actually mildly interesting now.”
- ...you stood in the fire didn't you adventures in floor tanking adventures in Looking for Douchebags altitis Amber doesnt know what the hell is wrong with you sometimes Amber goes pew pew Amber is a dork Amber is a sad exasperated panda Amber is excited Amber loves MS Paint Amber tagged this post Amber tanks things with her face Amber wants to choke a bitch Atropus is a nub back in vanilla WoW when purples weren't handed to us on a silver platter bandwagon BM hunters are the best hunters Brought to you by sarcasm! dinged up GM hat don't stand in the fire Fail Angel flowchart friday from our guest... Fuzzbutt has a tag gear Guild Big Sister guild progress helpful links heres a tag how to not suck Ice Cream Social I don't know what the hell to tag this really so here have a random tag I need more tags about tags in which I mock people I r teh fail it's the end of the world as we know it and this song is now stuck in your head Kyrilean is an enabeler Kyr is a tag whore Kyr is more of a dork than I am let's make up new tags levitate is for SS Macharious is a nub Naxx10 Naxx25 nerf officer hat oh look a filler post oh look an Ori post OMG CAPS open letters OT Paladin patch day patch notes pew pew lazerz PIXIE STIX Priest pugs make me cry inside QQ rage like Rilgon ramble rant seriously what the fuck squee ss or it didn't happen this is not a flowchart this post needs more tags Trial of the One Room Raid Ulduar what is this I dont even wowbash BoO style wtf you are entitled to your opinion but clearly your opinion is less right than mine Zoja is a nub zomg bubbles!