Posts Tagged MOAR MIND SEAR
I have, for the time being, decided to hang up my shadow hat.
“Why would you do that, Amber? You LOVE mind sear!”
That I do, that I do. But quite frankly, I suck at shadow. I didn’t always, of course-in Ulduar I used to be, if not uber, at least not fail. If we 2 healed something I did acceptable DPS. If we did heroics, I beat the damn tank in damage.
I…can’t even do that anymore. I somehow got shucked into a random heroic as DPS last night (wut?!) and I…was…below the tank. Not DPS wise, no (aoe lol), but in damage done, yes. I didn’t even break 3k. What the hell. When we tried to 2 heal Saurfang, I went shadow because previously I had the strongest dual-spec of the present healers and…
…no. Just, no. Again, in a RAID, not breaking 3k. I swapped in my hunter and could at least do 3.5k. My lesser geared BM hunter can beat my priest.
Until I can find some way to fix things (not enough haste? Too much else lost in trying to gain haste? Too much cross over gear from disc? I just suck at playing?) I’ve officially unchecked the DPS box.
And I’m a sad panda.
In GOOD news, the sort that makes me warm and fuzzy inside, my guildies shoved gear at me in ToC despite fail!rolls. I have the nifty offhand (a nice upgrade from my Ulduar 10 piece), and two trophys I now need to…farm badges for. XD Maybe some day I don’t be the worst geared priest (main) in the guild. \o/
Brief Tanky Ramblings
Normal ToC decided to like me and cough up my tanking trinket. Woo! …now to run it some more for the DPS trinket. Pffft. And then some more to get said trinket for ME, because Josh wants said trinket as well on his DK.
Thankfully I had enough defense to drop my Seal of the Pantheon for it, and keep the dodge trinket. I’m also now FINALLY over 30k health in 5 man buffs. Yay! Hopefully she’ll get some more goodies in the Naxx25 run tomorrow (that I’m leading? What? NO! *hands to Josh*). Then I can set her back into her primary alt slot and…
…work on my hunter? Alas, no. Jamethera is stuck as the bastard red headed stepchild of my alts. No, friends, I want to work on my shadow priesting some more.
Stolen from Duct Tape and a Prayer because I can’t access the official crap:
- Glyph of Mind Flay now Increases the damage done by your Mind Flay spell by 10% when your target is afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain.
- Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain changed to – The periodic damage ticks of your Shadow Word: Pain spell restore 1% of your base mana.
- Glyph of Shadow now increases your spell power by 30% of your spirit for 10 sec. (Up from 10%) (Here’s the current version.)
- Improved Devouring Plague: This spell now deals 10/20/30% of its total periodic effect instantly, up from 5/10/15%.
- Shadowform: This talent also now causes Devouring Plague, Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Touch to benefit from haste. Both the period length and the duration of these spells will be reduced by haste. In addition, the mana cost has been reduced from 32% to 13% of base mana.
- Vampiric Embrace: This ability is now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.
Lookit! Lookit! Buffs! Tasty things! Oh my god! I’m so excited!
…granted I still do less DPS than most of our other shadow priests (HOW? MUST FIX) but YAY! Now we get to cross our fingers and hope these changes don’t get nerfed back into the ground by release time.
Also, I find it terribly ironic that spirit is well-nigh useless to me as a disc priest but…it appears that I want some as shadow. What? Damn you. blizzard, for complicating my two sets of gear!
Oasic, how do you beat me as shadow deeps? I MUST KNOW.
…oh they also made it possible for you to bubble nonraid/party members. Sweet! Thanks Blizz! Now I can run circles around Dalaran randomly bubbling people! YAY!*
*I may or may not be genuinely excited by this development.