Posts Tagged somebody tagged me for shit
ETA: I er…forgot my druid. I will remedy that when I get home!
Poor Ambrosine…forsaken at level 80.
Vain only appears to have reverted back in time. The glimpsed Souldrinker on the far side proves that.
Leveled to 85. Still not really keen on focus. But look, we have the same pixel cat!
The bubble vendor is not forgotten. By this point I couldn’t be arsed to return to Tanaris for the shot so…enjoy a Stormwind background. HALO, FOREVER.
I need to be at home for new screen shots, but let’s take a tour though Ye Olden Days, shall we?
Ambrosine: Paladin, the first character I ever rolled…
Gee, I remember that gear.
Jamethera: Had the privelege of being my only other 60…
Aedeminar, the druid:
Dear lord, bear form was really awful, wasn’t it.
I don’t have much in the way of baby!Lyr screenshots, it seems, so here you go, unless I find a better one at home:
And a death knight is never very wee, but here we are, the Vainglory in her early days:
Alright, since SOME PEOPLE are repeatedly POKING ME, here is this…meme-that-is-not-a-meme.
Post this questionnaire, with your answers, on your blog. Pick the healing class you know most about (or is the focus of your blog) for the questionnaire, and then send it over to another healing blogger you know and love who heals with a DIFFERENT class. Include a link to the blogger who sent you the questionnaire, as well as a link to the blogger to whom you are sending it.
Well, Kotakh poked me first and he actually doesn’t blog (?!?!?) so, um, no linkies for him. And I’m going to pick on Ky, because…it’s…Ky.
- What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Lyrandre, disc priest.
- What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
Typically 10 or 25 mand raids.
- What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
Pennance! PEW PEW LASERS! …seriously, how can that not be one of the most fun, shiny looking spells ever?
- What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Greater heal. I’m forever true to my FoL Paladin Spamming roots, I’m afraid. Even Divine Hymn sees more use.
- What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
…BUBBLES! Mitigation is awesome. That, and I can…lolraidheal if I need to.
- What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Well, there’s a reason I call it “lolraidhealing”. I mean I can do it, but usually at great cost to my mana bar and/or sanity.
- In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
MT or OT. OT healing is fun because it’s often less demanding, leaving me room to also keep an eye on the raid (I like to do OT heals + Ignis pots, for example).
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
I like trees. They compliment just about any other kind of healer well, and I appreciate some HoTs on my target during progression raids.
- What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
Another disc priest requires some…juggling. I don’t mind fellow guildies, but in pugs? Ugh! Toe stomp, toe stomp, toe stomp.
- What is your worst habit as a healer?
Taking heals off the tank to top off this person right ov-oh fuck, the tank died.
- What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
I KNOW YOU NEED HEALS, SHUT UP.
- Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
If there’s a reason to bitch, I haven’t found it yet.
- What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
Is the tank alive? Is he muttering behind my back about being allowed to dip low in health, or is he bitching because my Pain Suppresion finger is just as twitchy as his Shield Wall finger?
- What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
LOLOL PVP SPEC, or, “u suk ur at the bottom of the meter”
- What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
If they’re anything like me, they’re afraid to use things like Pain Suppresion or the Hymns. What if they waste it? What if they need it later? …well you won’t need it later if you wipe.
- If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
O hai, bottom of healing done meters. …seriously, if I’m not on the bottom someone somewhere is fucking up. I haven’t honestly looked at recount to evaluate myself, lately.
- Haste or Crit and why?
Personally, I am a crit fiend…because haste gear hates me. That, and the big penance ticks are tasty!
- What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Resto shamans. I just…I…what?
- What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
X-Perl, Grid, and Clique.
- Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
I’m still in my spell power/crit experiment, so I’ve lightened up on haste a bit to accomplish that. I stack spell power more than anything (bigger heals vs more heals).
My high school lit mag days are long over, but a certain birdie poked me for this meme. Haiku aren’t really my thing, but let’s give it a stab, shall we? WoW Class Haiku timez!
Beast Master Hunter
faint pawprint in snow
the whisper of drawn bow strings
savage souls entwined
Wielder of the light
Sacrifice embraced in plate
Hail the redeemer
Wow that one was terrible. Uh…
Lyrandre (Or, What A Draenei Disc Priest Is In My Head)
The calm amidst screaming storms
Light in deepest dark
This is already making the rounds-I’ll let you take it up if you like, rather than tagging people. Though I’d love to see more terribad poetry from my favorite crack elf.
I was tagged by Out of Mana on this post.
So I’m sitting here staring at this:
On the road of X, there is(are) Y and Z.
…and trying to be witty, and failing.
Kestrel beat me to a good one:
On the Road of Healing Assignments,
there are SINGLE TARGET healers, and there are RAID healers.
HOLY PRIESTS wanted!
A shame, because it would have fit in nicely with my earlier, bitter ranting. So. Um. Hmm. Yeah!
On the road of priests,
There are bubble priests, and…those other priests.
Pew pew lazerz wanted.
Yeah. That’s uh, all I’ve got. Sorry!